Who We Are
What is FCMI Benefits of A Minister Belonging Benefits of A Church Belonging
The Fellowship of Churches and Ministers, International was formed to allow the Holy Spirit to bring churches and ministers of like faith and order into Fellowship under God's sovereign Lordship.
The word "Fellowship" is understood to be those interpersonal relationships among believers made possible by loving, active work of the Holy Spirit in our hearts.
The FCMI provides a place where fellowship among churches and ministers is encouraged.
The vision is summarized in Romans 1:11-12, "For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established: that is, That I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me." It is illustrated by Jesus in John 13:35 "By this all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."
What is FCMI and Where Did it Come From?
FCMI is a growing group of Ministers and Churches. The purpose for the group is designed around fellowship. The nucleus of the group formed about 16 years ago when many ministers decided that they needed supportive fellowship with each other. Through the years the group met in various locations and had varying formats. Despite the changes, one important issue seemed always to hold the group together: "A vision that we need one another."
Benefits of A Minister Belonging to the FCMI
· The opportunity to fellowship with a healthy, growing group of ministers of like faith.
· The opportunity to meet with other ministers with whom you can build healthy relationships.
· The opportunity to develop meaningful relationships which are help in difficult times.
· The opportunity to hear what God is doing outside your own area of ministry.
· The opportunity to implement some outside accountability into your life.
· An increased sense of credibility by belonging to an organization that emphasizes integrity and responsible Christian action.
· The opportunity to receive annual ministerial credentials issued by a presbytery made up of your peers in ministry.
· Request Individual Application: Membership Application
Benefits of A Church Belonging to the FCMI
· The opportunity to keep your vision alive and healthy through fellowship with other churches and ministers of like faith and order.
· The opportunity to exchange ideas which will be helpful in building up your local church.
· The opportunity to network your church with other churches to encourage your members who move from your town to seek fellowship with a sister church where they go.
· In like manner, members of other churches who move to your area will be encouraged to attend your church.
· The opportunity to receive assistance and guidance from the presbytery when your pastor leaves and you need a new pastor.
· The opportunity to receive annual church credentials from a larger fellowship which acknowledges the soundness of your New Testament faith and practice.
· Request Church Application: Church Application
The FCMI is a 501 (c) (3) organization